75 Wedding Venues
A list of over 75 wedding venues where Montreal photographer Monique Dykstra has photographed weddings, including luxury hotels, golf courses, boutique hotels, wedding reception venues & reception halls.
Old Montreal Wedding Venues
- Hotel Nelligan - Boutique hotel in Old Montreal with fabulous indoor balconies, great for photos.
- Pierre du Calvet - Incredible old hotel in Old Montreal, like a lavish Victorian dream sprung to life. Complete with parrots in the conservatory.
- Auberge Saint Gabriel - Gorgeous old stone building with elegant and uniquely decorated interior.
- W Hotel - Sexy and fabulous boutique hotel with modern decor near Old Montreal.
- Hotel Saint Paul - Chic boutique hotel in Old Montreal with amazing two-way stone fireplace in the lobby.
- Vieux-Port Steakhouse - Lively, crowded, bistro-style restaurant, right in the heart of the action.
- Saint Sulpice - Elegant Old Montreal hotel with outdoor garden overlooking the secret garden behind Notre Dame Basilica.
- InterContinental - Impressive glassed-in atrium in the World Trade Centre with the gigantic, twinkling chandelier overhead.
- Hotel Place d’Armes - Old Montreal elegance with a happening lounge for the late-night crowd.
Parking in Old Montreal
The best place to park in Old Montreal is the municipal parking lot at 330 rue Champ-de-Mars (look for the big, green P). It's indoors so your car stays cool, and there are over 1,000 spaces so it never fills up. Plus, at $10 (weekends) for the entire day, it's a real bargain.
One-of-a Kind Wedding Venues
- Pointe-à-Callière - Giant glass cube on the museum roof with stunning views in all directions. Great for events during the International Fireworks Competition in mid-summer.
- The Forest & Stream Club - Exclusive private club founded in 1800s by rich railway barons; today a fabulous wedding venue overlooking the river.
- Montreal Science Centre - Sleek modern room at the end of a pier with spectacular views of the Old Port. Perfect for big crowds.
- Montreal Botanical Gardens - A dreamy place to get married if you avoid the tent and ask for the lakeside Chinese pavilion
- La Vieille Brasserie - This pretty old stone building on the waterfront in Lachine is super affordable and one of Montreal's best kept secret.
- La Toundra - Filled with Inuit drawings and Canadiana, this one-of-a-kind reception has a beautiful garden for outdoor weddings.
- Pavillon de la Jamaique - Reception hall with glass walls all around on Ile Notre-Dame, hidden in the trees
- Thompson Hall Ballroom: Gorgeous hall on the McGill campus across from the McTavish reservoir its chateau-style pump house, which is great in pictures
- Chateau Dufresne - Beaux-arts style mansion across the road from the Botanical Gardens with a pretty stone terrace.
- Parc historique de la Pointe-du-Moulin - Old stone mill on a tiny point of land. Great for wedding ceremonies, DIY for wedding receptions.
- Gallery Gora - Funky, loft-style art gallery in downtown Montreal
- La Sucrerie de la Montagne - Giant old sugar shack, surrounded by maple trees, complete with crackling outdoor bonfire
Outdoor Wedding Venues
- Chateau Taillefer-Lafon - An actual vineyard with a stone chateau, 20 minutes from downtown. Unbelievably cute.
- Chateau Ramezay - Museum in Old Montreal with gorgeous French garden out back for outdoor ceremonies.
- Au Vieux Moulin - Rustic old mill built in 1803, in Rigaud, Quebec.
- Manoir Rouville-Campbell - A historic chateau with Tudor-style architecture and formal French garden overlooking the Richelieu River. Simply gorgeous.
- Chateau Saint-Antoine - Stone chateau straight out of a fairy tale with special dove release ceremony.
- Auberge des Gallant - Beautiful hotel near Rigaud (45 minutes east) with magnificent gardens, and a horse and buggy available for rent.
- La Distinction - Wedding ceremonies are on a tiny island, accessed by little white bridges. Simply dreamy. In Joliette, 30 minutes east of Montreal.
- Chateau Vaudreuil - Beautiful lakeside wedding ceremonies, great food, excellent customer service.
- Quimby Country Lodge - Backwoods lodge in Vermont with authentic Americana decor.
- Hotel du Lac - Rustic hotel on Lac Tremblant, with wedding ceremonies on a dock beside the lake.
- Ritz Carlton - Montreal's oldest and finest luxury hotel, with spiral staircase so ladies could show show off their ball gowns as they descended the stairs.
- Omni Hotel - Nice, centrally located hotel near McGill University.
- Hilton Montreal Bonaventure - One of Montreal's oldies but goodies - with the added bonus of a huge rooftop garden for photos.
- Hyatt Regency - Gorgeous downtown hotel, recently renovated with fabulous rooftop garden.
- Sofitel - Modern hotel with lots of high ceilings and glass.
- Westin Montreal - Located in the Old Montreal Gazette building. Giant outdoor terrace overlooking downtown.
- Le Crystal - Lovely hotel with a stunning round crystal chandelier in the entrance, across from Dorchester Square and Mary Queen of the World Cathedral
- Lowes Hotel Vogue - Fancy downtown hotel with impeccable service and a rooftop garden for cocktails and outdoor ceremonies.
Traditional Wedding Reception Halls
- Riviera Reception Halls - A great Montreal standby in the east end of the city.
- Centre Renaissance - Almost identical to the Riviera (above).
- Buffet Marina - No one does wedding halls like the Italians - and this hall is proof of that.
- Buffet Crystal - Nice wedding hall in Ville Saint Laurent.
- Centre d’Evannements Le Carlton - Big wedding hall in Montreal's East end.
- Buffet Roma - Another elegant, efficient Italian wedding hall.
- Le Chateau Classique: Yet another fabulous Italian wedding hall in Saint Leonard.
- Salles De Reception Olympia: Nice wedding reception hall in the West Island.
- Le Madison - Very nice, large wedding reception hall in Saint Leonard.
- Saint Martin Hotel - Elegant hotel in Laval with a tiny outdoor garden, conveniently located near the highway.
- Hotel Plaza Valleyfield - Big hotel and convention center, 45 minutes from Montreal in Valleyfield. Pretty lake in front for photos.
- Hilton Garden Inn Dorval - Surprisingly beautiful hotel with grand stone walls inside and pretty garden for photos.
- Golf Saint Raphael - Elegant outdoor wedding venue, and a real favorite with my clients.
- Club de Golf Metropolitain - Golf course in Ville D'Anjou with wonderful food.
- Royal Montreal Golf Club - Exclusive private golf club in the West Island.
- Espace Rive Sud - Giant golf club on the south shore with amazing old trees and many nice places to take photographs.
- Dunany Country Club - Super cute and rustic golf course in Wentwork, Quebec.
Jewish Synagogues with Reception Halls
- Chevra Kadisha B'Nai Jacob - Pretty synagogue in Hampstead with large ballroom
- Plaza Volare - Huge hotel near the airport that has many events running simultaneously. Great food, efficiently run. Kosher. Not much nearby for photos, but Bois Franc in Saint Laurent is 10 minutes away.
- The Spanish & Portuguese - Large Sephardi synagogue in Snowdon
- Temple Emanu-El-Beth Sholom - Elegant synagogue with enormous sanctuary
- Beth Israel Beth Aaron - Synagogue in Cote Saint Luc beside a pretty park for photos
Out of Town
- Chateau Frontenac - A gorgeous old hotel on a cliff overlooking the Saint Lawrence River in the heart of Quebec City's Old Town. One of original CP Hotels, today it's National Historic Site of Canada owned by Fairmont.
- Royal Ottawa Golf Club - Ottawa's most prestigious place for weddings.
- Canadian Museum of History - Breezy, modern reception hall with great view of Canada's Parliament buildings in Ottawa.
- Chateau Bromont - Rustic hotel in near Bromont, nestled in a lush valley.
- Hotel Cheribourg - Mediterranean-style hotel near Orford, Quebec, with a pretty lake for photos.
- Hotel Mont Gabriel - Four star hotel and golf course on a mountain top in Laurentiens,
north of Saint Sauver.