My name is Monique Dykstra. I'm a photographer from Montreal, Canada, with a cozy photo studio in NDG. Drop by if you're in the neighbourhood.
BECAUSE OF PHOTOGRAPHY...
I've been a photographer for 25 years. It's the only job I've ever had.
Because of photography....
- I got to meet Bill Clinton and Jean Chretien
- The same day I met Clinton and Chretien, I photographed homeless people for a local charity. (That's what I love about photography - you never know what will happen next)
- I paddled 3,000 km down the Yukon River and wrote a book about it
- I worked for the Montreal Gazette
- I solo hiked most of the 1,000 km International Appalachian Trail and wrote another book
- I travelled several times to Quebec’s high Arctic to teach photography workshops
- I had an exhibition at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts featuring life size portraits of Inspirational Aboriginal Women
I love doing fun projects like these, but most of the time you can find me at Studio Iris, my Montreal photo studio.
STUDIO IRIS PHOTOGRAPHY
At Studio Iris, we photograph literally hundreds of babies, brides and families each year, as well as business portraits, corporate events, graduation portraits and more.
I love the hustle and bustle of people coming through, plus it's exciting being with people at best times in their lives: getting married, having kids, changing jobs, graduating from school, etc.
Photographing life’s sweetest moments. ❤️ It's what I love to do,
For more info about weddings, portraits, events or anything else, please Contact Me or fill in the form below.
Canadian American Business Council
Canadian Diabetes Association
National Youth Orchestra of Canada
National Film Board of Canada
BMO Nesbitt Burns
Old Brewery Mission Foundation
Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation
Quebec Writer’s Federation
MOBILE: (514) 208-4747