75 Montreal Wedding Venues From a Photographer's Perspective
As a wedding photographer, I've photographed at some of the prettiest hotels in Montreal, as well as reception halls, golf courses, boutique hotels and other on-of-a-kind wedding venues.
You're welcome to contact me if you're thinking of booking a certain venue and are wondering what it looks like in photos.
- Pointe-à-Callière - Giant glass cube on the archaeology museum roof with stunning views of Old Montreal. Great for events during the International Fireworks Competition in mid-summer
- The Forest & Stream Club - An exclusive private club founded by rich railway barons in the 1800s. Today a fabulous wedding venue overlooking the river
- Montreal Science Centre - Sleek modern room at the end of a pier with spectacular views of the Old Port. Perfect for big crowds.
- Montreal Botanical Gardens - A dreamy place to get married if you avoid the tent and book the Chinese pavilion instead.
- La Vieille Brasserie - This pretty old stone building on the waterfront in Lachine is super affordable and one of Montreal's best-kept secrets.
- La Toundra - Filled with Inuit drawings and Canadiana, this one-of-a-kind reception has a beautiful garden for outdoor weddings.
- Pavillon de la Jamaique - Reception hall with glass walls all around on Ile Notre-Dame, hidden in the trees
- Thompson Hall Ballroom: Stately old heritage building on the McGill campus
- Chateau Dufresne - Beaux-arts style mansion across the road from the Botanical Gardens with a pretty stone terrace.
- Parc Historique de la Pointe-du-Moulin - Old stone windmill on the Saint Lawrence River just off the western tip of the island. Popular for DIY wedding receptions.
- Gallery Gora - Funky, loft-style art gallery in downtown Montreal
- La Sucrerie de la Montagne - Hugely popular sugar shack, surrounded by maple trees, complete with crackling outdoor bonfire
- Le Château Taillefer Lafon: A pretty vineyard with a stone chateau in Laval
- La Bullerie: Rustic vineyard in Saint-Joseph-du-Lac with spectacular views
Outdoor Wedding Venues
- Au Vieux Moulin – Rustic old mill with a duck pond, nestled in rolling hills in Rigaud, Quebec.
- Chateau Ramezay – Museum in Old Montreal with gorgeous French garden out back for outdoor ceremonies.
- Manoir Rouville-Campbell – A historic chateau with Tudor-style architecture and formal French garden overlooking the Richelieu River. Simply gorgeous.
- Chateau Saint-Antoine – Stone chateau straight out of a fairy tale with special dove release ceremony.
- Auberge des Gallant – pretty venue in Sainte Marthe with gorgeous gardens and two reception venues: a modern-looking hall and a rustic sugar shack
- La Distinction – Wedding ceremonies are on a tiny island, accessed by little white bridges. Simply dreamy. Reduced rates on Fridays. In Joliette, QC
- Chateau Vaudreuil – Beautiful lakeside venue for wedding ceremonies, classic wedding halls, great food. You simply can’t go wrong here.
- Quimby Country Lodge – Backwoods lodge in Vermont with authentic Americana decor.
Old Montreal Wedding Venues
- Auberge Saint Gabriel – Oldest drinking establishment Canada, open since 1688. Gorgeous place, with some super interesting, one-of-a-kind decor.
- Hotel Nelligan – Boutique hotel in Old Montreal with fabulous indoor balconies
- W Hotel – Sexy boutique hotel with modern decor near Old Montreal
- Hotel Saint Paul – Chic boutique hotel in Old Montreal with amazing fireplace
- Vieux-Port Steakhouse – Lively, crowded, bistro
- Saint Sulpice – Elegant Old Montreal hotel with outdoor terrace
- Inter Continental – Impressive glassed-in atrium with the gigantic chandelier
- Hotel Place d’Armes – Old Montreal elegance with a happening lounge for the late-night crowd.
- Westin Montreal – modern, sleek interior with giant outdoor terrace overlooking downtown.
- Ritz Carlton – Montreal’s oldest and finest luxury hotel, with a spiral staircase so that ladies can elegantly descend the stairs in their ball gowns.
- Omni Hotel – Nice, centrally located hotel near McGill University.
- Hilton Montreal Bonaventure – One of Montreal’s oldies but goodies – with the added bonus of a huge rooftop garden for photos.
- Hyatt Regency – Gorgeous downtown hotel, recently renovated with a fabulous rooftop garden.
- Sofitel – Modern hotel with lots of high ceilings and glass.
- Le Crystal – Lovely hotel with a stunning round crystal chandelier in the entrance
- Lowes Hotel Vogue – Fancy downtown hotel with impeccable service and a rooftop garden for cocktails and outdoor ceremonies.
- Le Château Classique – Massive wedding hall in Saint Leonard.
- Riviera Reception Halls – A great Montreal standby in the east end of the city.
- Centre Renaissance – Almost identical to the Riviera (above).
- Buffet Marina – No one does wedding halls like the Italians – great food and service
- Buffet Crystal – Nice wedding hall in Ville Saint Laurent.
- Centre d’Evannements Le Carlton – Big wedding hall in Montreal’s east end.
- Buffet Roma – Another elegant Italian wedding hall.
- Salles De Reception Olympia Nice wedding reception hall in the West Island.
- Le Madison – Very nice, large wedding reception hall in Saint Leonard.
- Saint Martin Hotel – Elegant hotel in Laval with a tiny outdoor garden, conveniently located near the highway.
- Hotel Plaza Valleyfield – Big hotel and convention center, 45 minutes from Montreal in Valleyfield. Pretty lake in front for photos.
- Hilton Garden Inn Dorval – Surprisingly beautiful hotel near the airport, with thick stone walls inside and pretty garden for photos.
- Royal Montreal Golf Club – Exclusive private golf club in the West Island.
- Golf Saint Raphael – Elegant wedding venue with place for outdoor ceremonies
- Club de Golf Metropolitain – Golf course in Ville D’Anjou with wonderful food.
- Espace Rive Sud – Giant golf club on the south shore with amazing old trees and many nice places to take photographs.
- Dunany Country Club – Super cute and rustic golf course in Wentwork, Quebec.
Jewish Wedding Venues
- Plaza Volare – Huge hotel near the airport with great food (kosher) and massive tent outdoor events. Kosher. Not much nearby for photos, but Bois Franc in Saint Laurent is 10 minutes away.
- Chevra Kadisha B’Nai Jacob – Pretty synagogue in Hampstead with large ballroom
- The Spanish & Portuguese – Large Sephardi synagogue
- Temple Emanu-El-Beth Sholom – Elegant synagogue with enormous sanctuary
- Beth Israel Beth Aaron – Synagogue in Cote Saint Luc beside a pretty park for photos
- Chateau Frontenac – A gigantic historic hotel overlooking the Saint Lawrence River.
- Royal Ottawa Golf Club – One of Ottawa’s most prestigious place for weddings.
- Canadian Museum of History – Breezy, modern reception hall with a great view of the Parliament buildings
- Chateau Bromont – Rustic hotel in near Bromont, nestled in a lush valley.
- Hotel Cheribourg – Mediterranean-style hotel near Orford, Quebec, with a pretty lake for photos.
- Hotel Mont Gabriel – Four-star hotel and golf course on a mountaintop
75 Montreal Wedding Venues - From a Photographer's Perspective
Drop me a note if you're thinking of booking a certain venue and are wondering what it looks like in photos. I may be able to help!